Council of the University functions as its executive board and administrative board. Ven. Vice Chancellor functions both as a member of the University Council as well as its Chairman. Council of the University consists of all the Deans, representatives of the Senate, Secretaries of the Ministry in charge of the subject of Buddha Sasana and the Ministry of Education, nominees and the members to be appointed by the Minister of Education. The Council of our University consists of 15 members. The majority of them are monks.
Members of the Council
Ven. Prof. Neluwe Sumanawansa Thero - Performing the duties
- Dean of the Faculty of Buddhist Studies - Senior Lecturer Ven. Ilukewala Dhammaratana Thero
- Dean of the Faculty of Languages - Associate Professor Ven. Lenagala Sirinivasa Thero
- Dean of the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies - Ven. Prof. Moragollagama Uparathana Thero
03. Elected Members of the Senate:
Ven. Prof. Wawwe Dhammarakkhitha Thero
04. Secretary to the Ministry of Buddhasasana or his nominee:
Prof. Mr. Kapila Gunawardena
05. Secretary to the Ministry of Higher Education or his nominee:
Mrs. T.K.W.T.P Premarathna - Deputy Director (Student Loan Section)
06. Members appointed by the Hon. Minister in charge of the subject:
- Royal Panditha Ven. Trikunamale Ananda Nayaka Thero,
- Literary Chakravarthy Ven. Dr. Niyangoda Vijithasiri Anunayake Thero
- Senior Professor Ven. Induragare Dhammaratana Thero
- Ven. Dr. Bellanwila Dhammaratana Thero
- Senior Professor Mr. Wimal Wijeratne
- Prof. Mr. K.A. Weerasena
- Senior Professor Mr. Uditha Garusinghe
- Attorney-at-Law Mr. Kalyananda Thiranagama
- President's Counsel Mr. Prashantha Lal de Alwis
07. Secretary of the Council:
Mr. R.A. Piyaratna (Registrar)
Committees Functioning Under the Council
Auditing and Management Committee
Committee for Institutional Procurement
Committee for Minor Procurement
Committee for Reviewing Progress on Building Constructions
Lecture schedule and syllabus - master of arts degree programme - 2021/2022
<b>Syllabus - (Buddhist Studies / Pali /Sanskrit/ English) a...
List of registered students for second semester examination - january / february 2022
දෙවන සමාසික පරීක්ෂණය - 2...
Uploading of answer sheets for the second-semester online examinations - 2022 january/ february
<b>දෙවන සමාසික මාර්ගගත ප...
විභාග පෙරහුරුව/ mock examination
ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ හා ප�...
සංශෝධනය කළ කාලසටහන - දෙවන සමාසික පරීක්ෂණය / time table - second semester examination - january / february 2022
<b>තෙවන වසර දෙවන සමාසික �...
පළමු වසර පළමු සමාසික සමාසික පරීක්ෂණය පිළිබඳවයි/ first year first semester examinations
269 වන සනාතන සභා තීරණය පර�...