About the University
Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka
To be the foremost and the best Buddhist University in the world
To endow unto the world, erudite Dhammaduthas (Missionaries of the Dhamma) and scholars, disciplined through mastery of the Buddhadhamma, the Pali Language and allied subjects, accomplished in varied skills capable in promoting and fostering the philosophy of life, refulgent with the doctrine of the Buddha in Sri Lanka and abroad.
Objectives of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka
The objectives that were fundamental to the establishment of the University in terms of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka Act No. 74 of 1981 as amended by the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka Act No. 37 of 1995:-
- The training of scholars in the Buddhist Doctrine and Discipline for the purpose of the dissemination of Buddhism and nurturing of Buddhist missionary activities in Sri Lanka and abroad.
- The promotion of the study of the Pali Language, Buddhist Culture and Buddhist Philosophy in Sri Lanka and abroad, and the enhancement of those studies as befitting the modern world trends.
- The training of the student monks and the lay male students to teach Buddhism and Pali Language in the Pirivenas, Schools and in similar institutions.
- The provision of facilities to maintain and promote courtesy and civility and mental discipline among the student monks and the lay male students.
- Any other matter connected with or ancillary to the above objectives
ශ්රී ලාංකේය බෞද්ධ උරුමය : තර්ජන අභියෝග හා අනාගතය ශාස්ත්රීය සම්මන්ත්රණය
ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ හා පා�...
ශාස්ත්රවේදී (සාමාන්ය) බාහිර උපාධිය ii පරීක්ෂණය 2019 (ජුලි) - bachelor of arts (general) external degree examination ii 2019 july - results
2019 ජුලි මස පැවති ශාස්ත�...
ශාස්ත්රපති උපාධි පරීක්ෂණය 2019 (දෙසැම්බර්) - master of arts degree examination - 2019 ( december )
2019 දෙසැම්බර් මස පැවති ශ�...
Registration of candidates for bachelor of arts (general) external degree - 2020
Application forms for the above courses could be obtained up...
Notice to collect admission cards for 2020 september/october second semester examination.
Issue of Admission Cards</h1><br...
The intelligentsia on covid 19 - online conference 2020
Buddhist and Pali University of Sri lanka cordially invites ...