About the University
Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka
To be the foremost and the best Buddhist University in the world
To endow unto the world, erudite Dhammaduthas (Missionaries of the Dhamma) and scholars, disciplined through mastery of the Buddhadhamma, the Pali Language and allied subjects, accomplished in varied skills capable in promoting and fostering the philosophy of life, refulgent with the doctrine of the Buddha in Sri Lanka and abroad.
Objectives of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka
The objectives that were fundamental to the establishment of the University in terms of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka Act No. 74 of 1981 as amended by the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka Act No. 37 of 1995:-
- The training of scholars in the Buddhist Doctrine and Discipline for the purpose of the dissemination of Buddhism and nurturing of Buddhist missionary activities in Sri Lanka and abroad.
- The promotion of the study of the Pali Language, Buddhist Culture and Buddhist Philosophy in Sri Lanka and abroad, and the enhancement of those studies as befitting the modern world trends.
- The training of the student monks and the lay male students to teach Buddhism and Pali Language in the Pirivenas, Schools and in similar institutions.
- The provision of facilities to maintain and promote courtesy and civility and mental discipline among the student monks and the lay male students.
- Any other matter connected with or ancillary to the above objectives
International conference on language studies for undergraduates - 2018 (iclsu)
International Conference on Language Studies for Undergradua...
Foreign candidates application closing date has been extended to 31.01.2019.
Foreign candidates application closing date has been extende...
Diploma in tamil
Application forms for the above courses could be obtained up...
Registration for postgraduate degree studies - academic year 2019
The applicants, who obtain the application forms thr...